Thursday 18 October 2012

Sweet Dreams

I love to sleep
Not because I'm lazy
But because I have a date
A fantasy from beyond
It's the only time I get to see him
My beloved

Parting is not a sweet sorrow
I hold on to memories of every moment we had to share
And relive them every night
It's the only way I get to see him
My beloved

The distance that keeps us apart
Leaves me in a vortex of emotion
Forced into a bitter situation
With dreaming, my only intoxication
Coz it's the only way I get to see him
My beloved

I've loved and I've lost
Ready to hold on to the yearning for an embrace
Trapped in a past life, victim of circumstance
Thoughts of him leave me in a trance
But it's the only way I get to see him
My beloved


A prayer for my future
My hopes and dreams fulfilled
A unity of two made one
A destiny fulfilled at long last
When I will finally see him
My beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment